My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 24 September 2016

Texture at Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, we've got a theme of Texture over at Chocolate Baroque this month and I've made an 8x8 canvas for my 3rd piece of artwork. I love this gorgeous lady, she's called 'Spriing Awakening' and you can find her here.


I added texture to the background using texture paste, I scored some 'rays' for a little spring sunshine with an old credit card and stamped into the texture paste with some of the stamps from Nature Fragments. Once it was dry I added a little stencilling, once it was dry I set to with acrylic paints to add some colour. I distressed the edges with walnut stain distress ink.

I coloured the image with Graph'It markers and cut her out before glueing her to the canvas.


I used my glue gun and acrylic paint to create the word Spring and then added a little gilding wax here and there and lots of embellishments from Craft Box for some more texture.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Brown Sugar: anything goes
Fussy and Fancy: My favourite things
Lemon Shortbread: Anything goes
Lost Coast Designs: anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card! The image is gorgeous and I love the beautiful design. Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. this is beautiful to see. beautiful made

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, my friend. Your colouring skill is outstanding.Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful image and perfect coloring, love your embellies and layout. Thank you for joining Lost Coast Portal to creativity "Anything goes" -challenge, hope to see you soon again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...