My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 10 April 2016

Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes at We Love 2 Create

Good morning folks, we've got a new challenge starting at We Love 2 Create and our theme is 'Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes' so there's lots of potential for crafty fun! As always our sponsors Premium Craft Brands have some lovely goodies up for grabs and you don't have to use our products to play along. My teamies have made some gorgeous projects so if you have a minute it's well worth a visit.


For my DT project I've altered an MDF blank using lots of my favourite products (you can find links at the end of this post). I began with a coat of white gesso and then once that was dry I applied some grey PanPastels. Next I added texture paste through a Dutch Doobadoo brick stencil and once that was dry added some colour with Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna PanPastels and fixed with with my homemade fix spray (made from matte medium and water)


To decorate my little project I made lots of paper flowers using some of the gorgeous new Stamp Soup stamps from Polkadoodles, stamped on dictionary paper and coloured using Pearl PanPastels. I cut the flowers out, scrunched them up and layered them to create my blooms. I also made some bunting using freebie stamps that I've had for ages, the cute little blue birds some from the same set. I created a little scene for behind the 'O' using stamps from Chocolate Baroque (Home Sweet Home) and coloured with PanPastels


I added some Dutch Doobadoo fencing, popped on my flowers adding little pearls and diamantes in the centres and punched some leaves from paper coloured with panpastels. I've added a littel brass key charm, a seam binding bow topped with a little fabric covered brad. To finish off I'added some moss, pretty little 'berries' and of course my stamped bunting and birdies.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Creative Artiste: Anything goes (options chipboard/stencils/flowers)
Mod Squad: Show us your background
Simply Papercraft: anything goes
Stamps and Stencils: Trash to Treasure (my trash is dictionary pages)
That's Crafty: all things bright and beautiful

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful and happy make, love all the flowers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic 3D creation, loving it ! I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your creation, love love
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute craft project. Love the brick background. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project! Love all the details!
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I really like what you've done here. Love the clever details and the way you have used those stencils.
    Good to have you joining the fun Creative Artiste Challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exellent project! Great design!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very spring themed and love the decoration. Thanks for joining in at the creative Artiste mixed media challenge Janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very sweet and lovely is this! Thanks a bunch for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...