My lovely blogland friends

Friday 15 January 2016

Winter Birthday at Polkadoodles

Good morning folks, its challenge time over at Polkadoodles and our theme is 'Winter Birthday'! As always my lovely teamies have got loads of inspiration for you and we've got a fabby prize for our lucky winner too so pop over to the challenge blog for all the details.



I've used a cool colour palette to create this winter birthday card. I've used papers and embellies from the fabulous Octavia Frosted Winter Collection (available as a CD here or a download here) and combined them with one of the beautiful images from the Serenity Collection (you can get the full collection here or the image 'Serenity Blossom' as a digi here) The image is coloured with Lyra pencils and I've added some silver glitter for a little frosty sparkle.



All the papers have been distressed with a craft knife and Iced Spruce distress ink and I've added lace, ribbon , a button, a tiny silver charm and some gems from my stash.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: Anything goes/winter blues
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Little Miss Muffet: anything goes
Southern Girls: one for the girls
Wags'n'Whiskers: Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

17 comments:

  1. These colours look awesome together and I love the floral arrangement at the bottom. Such a sweet image too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Claire...so pretty.. Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the papers, distressed edges, pierced border and embellishments as well as the focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, I love the greens especially the green you have used on the flowers.
    Mia - Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the flowers and embellies you've created for your card, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Claire. Love the flowers and the heart embellies. Thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely colour combo Claire. J'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and love those blue poinsettias. Fabulous colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do like the look of this - so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous. I love love love the image and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous. I love love love the image and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Claire, those colours are fab.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your color choices and design here... Octavia is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire there's a lovely surprise for you over on the Southern Girls Challenge. Pop on over to see. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...