My lovely blogland friends

Friday 29 January 2016

Spring Garden from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks my first post of today is a  Spring themed card using the beautiful new release stamp 'Walled Garden' and one of my old favourite sets  called Glorious Spring from Chocolate Baroque.The winter seems to have been very grey and wet so I thought it was time for a reminder that Spring isn't too far away (hopefully)



I began by stamping and masking the primroses from Glorious Spring on watercolour card. Next I stamped the Walled Garden and then the two rabbit stamps, I didn't bother to mask the Walled Garden stamp. Next I inked the sky using Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks applied with an ink blending tool. To create the clouds, I used a very wet paintbrush to create some cloud shapes in the sky. I left the water for a minute and then blotted with kitchen roll. I coloured the images with distress inks and inked around the edges with brown ink. The sky looked a little blank so I stamped the sentiment (again from Glorious Spring) in the cloudy sky.

I matted the image on kraft card and added a bow, paper flower and a filigree corner from my stash.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 Creative Craft Crew: Anything goes
Inspiration Destination: anything goes
Little Miss Muffet: Anything goes
Ooh La La: In the country
Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes
Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything goes

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx


4 comments:

  1. Love scenes and I am all for a spring reminder! This is very effective as well as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations for our in the country challenge. Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous scene!! thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...