My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 20 December 2015

Listen to the whispers of your heart

Good morning folks, my first post today features a quick and easy card made using the beautiful stamp 'Baroque Orchids from Chocolate Baroque.  This is such a beautifully detailed stamp that I really wanted to give it centre stage on my card.


I began with some glossy white card and stamped Baroque Orchids with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I took a deep breath, lined up my stamp again and was very pleased to see that the stamp joins up beautifully to create a larger panel. I embossed the second image with clear embossing powder and then applied distress inks in Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage and a little Evergreen Bough randomly with some Cut'n'Dry foam.


I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black on some vellum and tore a strip to layer over the background as shown. I added some black lace, green ribbon and a black button to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges

Allsorts: Anything but Christmas
Crafty Time: anything goes
Not Just Cards: Anything goes
Simply Papercraft: Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love the sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, Claire! The stamp as you say is just wonderful, and you couldn't have picked better inky colours I think!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Claire.
    I think your card is lovely and I agree the stamp needs to have centre stage.
    I use the technique of clear embossing and then inking, it gives such a pretty look. The colours you have used are really pretty together.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...