My lovely blogland friends

Monday 7 December 2015

Background stamps from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, have you been watching the lovely Lesley from Chocolate Baroque on  The Craft Channel over the weekend? Goodness me aren't the new stamps fabulous?? This project features Studded Lattice which is a really pretty and very useful stamp. I've made a project using one of the wooden art blocks which are great fun to decorate and look lovely in a window as you can decorate both sides.


I began by painting the block with white gesso and then gave it a coat of pale blue acrylic paint, Once the paint was dry I sanded it to create a distressed effect. I stamped the Studded Lattice with versamark and embossed with a sparkly white embossing powder on both sides of the block. 

Next I die cut some flowers and coloured with turqouise PanPastel. I stamped them all with the Studded Lattice stamp, some were stamped with Gathered Twigs distress ink and some were embossed with the sparkly white embossing powder. I distressed the edges with Gathered Twigs distress ink and curled the petals before layering them up to create two large flowers. I popped a faux pearl in the centre of each. I die cut some foliage and embossed with a mix of blue and gold embossing powder. I arranged the flowers and foliage on  the block as shown and added a brass flower to the top of the block.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics: Anything goes
Brown Sugar: anything goes
Craft Rocket: anything goes
Crafty Time: Anything goes
Noor! Designs UK: Anything goes
Simply Papercraft: anything goes
Sparkles Forum: anything but a card

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. I have been watching Claire but kept my hands in my pockets ready for the Christmas spend.

    Fabulous what you have done with the art block.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous work TFS Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge. Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heart of wood blocks like this to decorate but what a fabulous idea. This is so very lovely and I'm sure going to be a nice treat for the recipient. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenges ATG's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Rocket this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would look beautiful in a window! Great project and fantastic flower!

    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Claire. Amazing how a simple wooden block can be created in to something so lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics.
    Lisa xxx - Altered Eclectics DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...