My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Swirl Centre flower from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, its been very wet and blowing a gale in my little corner of the UK so its been perfect weather to stay home and craft. Have you seen this month's beautiful new stamps from Chocolate Baroque? I've used the lovely 'Swirl Centre Flowerhead' to make this steampunk themed card.




It was a very quick card, I embossed some black cardstock with a steampunk embossing folder and coloured with PanPastels. I began with shades of green and turquoise and then applied versamark before liberally applying copper, bronze and rich gold. I love this effect, it gives a gorgeous rusty metal effect. I sealed it with a mix of Maimeri Matte Gel medium mixed with water in a spritzer bottle.

I stamped the flower head onto black card with versamark ink and embossed with WOW Copper embossing powder. I cut the flower out, curled the petals and layered it up over a scrap of copper coloured ribbon.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
CASual Chic: Precious Metals
Crafty Ribbons: Monochromatic
The Ribbon Girls: Anything goes
Scrap & Craft: shabby chic/vintage
Simply Papercraft: anything goes

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant shimmer of this make Claire, gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Claire, the steampunk background looks fantastic with the big flowers. I have the same embossing folder, it's just sitting in a box. You've created a gorgeous background with it. Take care & Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...