My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 22 November 2015

Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes at We love 2 Create

Good morning, brrrrrrr Winter has arrived all of a sudden, we've had high winds and its been bitterly cold so I'm spending the weekend bunkered up crafting and eating chocolate so I'm not complaining too much about the weather lol. Anyway its challenge time over at We Love 2 Create and as always' we're being very gentle on you as our theme is 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes'. We've got some lovely crafty goodies lined up for our lucky winner too, thanks to those lovely folks at Premium Craft Brands.

 I've been colouring with my PanPastels this week, they blend so easily especially if you add the amazing colourless blender into the mix that they are perfect for colouring stamped images.



The stamp I've used is from Prima, she's called Jing and I really enjoyed colouring her.


I find that Burnt Sienna Tint is a fab base skin colour and use Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber to add depth and shadows. Although these colours seem really dark I just use a little colour and then dip my Sofft tool in the colourless Blender and then they blend in easily. I coloured the image using Sofft tools, the teeny ones like eyeshadow applicators for the skin and one of the sponge bars for her hair. 
The bar applicators are fab as they can add a broad sweep of colour or if you use the edge you can add very fine lines. Don't forget you can use a pencil eraser with your PanPastels. I used an eraser to lift colour to create the highlights in her hair, removing the brown PanPastel and then applied Hansa Yellow Tint over the top
 The background was created with Turquoise and Bright yellow Green, blended and then overstamped with some background stamps from my stash. I masked Jing with copier paper and then stamped the text with Black Versafine ink and then stamped the stars with Versamark. I embossed the stars with blue and green WOW Embossing powders and added some stickles to the centre of the flowers to finish off.


I framed her with a plastic frame from the poundshop that I painted with acrylic paints and then swiped with versamark and applied Light Gold PanPastel here and there before sealing with some matte medium.
I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar: anything goes
Daring Cardmakers: anything but a card
Inspiration Destination: anything goes
Star Stampz: all about girls
Wags'n'Whiskers: Embossing

Thanks so much for popping by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx









10 comments:

  1. You have coloured her beautifully Claire. Gorgeous piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome work Claire - beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring and great idea to frame your stunning piece of work. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project! Your colouring and blending is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Claire thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. LOve how you did the framing of this amazing piece, Thanks for playing at Star Stampz and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Star Stampz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How spectacular. I have pan pastels but don't have a clue they could be used to create stunning projects like this. I sure need to look up more on this product as you've created something very special. Thanks for joining us at the Brown Sugar Challenges ATG this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks really amazing, Claire - such subtle blending of the colour tones to create a sweet blush in her cheeks, and the colours overall are so harmonious. I haven't really tried colouring as such with the PPs - very inspired to give it a go after this, and thanks for the tip on the skin tone colours.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...