My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 1 October 2015

For a cause at Eclectic Ellapu

Good morning, October already so its time for a new challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu, and this time around we've got two fantastic themes lined up for you.On the pink team we want to see your projects created 'For a cause'. It won't be too long until we're all buying our poppies to raise funds for veterans.One of my friends collects for the Royal British Legion and I've been promising him a poppy for ages so here it is.


The poppy is made from ribbon and was a real labour of love as I am rubbish at sewing and my eyesight is terrible so it took ages. I have to confess I did cheat and use a hot glue gun for some bits lol. I made a tag to display the poppy by using a Sweet Poppy Stencil. I applied distress inks and then Maimeri Glassy Gel before removing the stencil and covering with microbeads. It gives a lovely shimmer but you can't see it too well on the pic.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafting from the heart: anything goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Not just cards: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. so vibrant and stunning hun - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well despite your eyesight, you've managed to make a real stunner of a tag! I ooohed and aaaaahed over this. Gorgeous make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tag, truly heartfelt and your labor was worth every minute! Such a kind thing to do. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful tag! the colors are so rich :) thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful tag Claire, love the ribbon poppy with the stencilled background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...