My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 10 January 2015

Romantic Whites from We do Doobadoo

Good morning my lovelies. goodness me my week off work seems to have flown by and I don't seem to have got much done but sometimes thats what time off work is for lol. We've got a new challenge starting today at We Do Doobadoo and for the next two weeks our theme is Romantic Whites. As always there are some gorgeous Dutch Doobadoo goodies up for grabs so I hope you're going to play along. I've made a little wall hanging for my DT project and used lots of Dutch Doobadoo goodies, you can find links to them all at the end of this post.


I began with some recycling some card from Christmas packaging and removed the top layer to show the corrugated side which I dry brushed with maimeri White Gesso. Next I layered up burlap, ribbon roses, lace, seam binding and a white bow to frame the focal image.

The image is from Tiddly Inks, coloured with my Graph'it markers. I love my Graph'Its they blend so beautifully but they also have a fab range of greys that work perfectly with the colours to give you loads more shades, for this image I used pink greys with skin tones for the dress and the warm greys for the suit.
 I added stencilling around the image using the Dutch Doobadoo Brick stencil and Maimeri Light modelling paste.

You can see the detail a little better in this pic:


Next came lots of embellies including Dutch Doobadoo Laser Art Butterflies, button and one of the gorgeous lanters, all were embossed with Shabby White frantage powder. I die cut some hearts from kraft card and added polka dots with a White Graph'It Shake pen. to finish off I added a silver heart charm and some twine.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
CRAFT: not a card
Creatalicious: New beginnings
Creative Corner: love is in the air
Die Cut divas: anything goes
Noor Designs UK: with love
Rhedd's Creative spirit: altered art/mixed media
Simon Says Stamp: something new (image)
Tiddly Inks: New Beginnings

thanks for popping by today
Claire xx


18 comments:

  1. Love the shabby chic look of your project and the colours. Great colouring of your image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring! Love that image and the whole thing marries together beautifully. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous, romantic wall hanging! I love all the texture! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love mags b x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this Claire and you have coloured that image so beautifully. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Your wall hanging is just gorgeous..love that colouring and stenciling. Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely beautiful! love the image, the frantage the hearts and all the lace! thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge blog! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The inking and elements are amazing! I love the embossed paste textures and distressed details! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Claire, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card ! Love the image and your design. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
    Mieko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous wedding project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "New Beginning” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire~~OMG this is GORGEOUS and I Love love love the Dutch Doobadoo products!!!! Congrats on winning at Creatalicous!! Hope to see you next challenge:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just darling!

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love!!!! gorgeous, love the sepia tones, the gorgeous image all the details and textures, just STUNNING!! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely couple and you have given them an awesome backdrop! I love the use of corrugated cardboard here. Nice wall hanging. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd'd Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant and inspiring piece of art! Your wall hanging is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just delightful...love it...I so enjoy using corrugated card...Great stencilling, it's really effective.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fabulous colouring on your image really pops against your gorgeous muted background. What a stunning wall hanging!

    Thanks for sharing your talent with us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...