My lovely blogland friends

Monday 15 September 2014

Guest Designer at Country View Crafts Challenge

Good morning folks, Monday morning already!! Its a very exciting day for me as I'm over the moon to be joining the talented team at Country View Challenges and a Guest Designer for their 'Nautical Challenge'. If you've got time,do pop over and have a look as the team always have some amazing inspiration!


For my project I made the base using mountboard (I'd seen them on C&C and decided to have a go at making my own) and created some texture with a Crafters Workshop woodgrain stencil and Maimeri Light modelling paste. I added some colour with acrylic paints, distress stains and added some coffee for a bit more depth here and there.

The focal scene was made using stamps from Chocolate Baroque stamped on kraft card painted with gesso. I've coloured the scene with Derwent Coloursoft pencilsand then tore the edges.


I stamped the sentiment and seagulls in the sky using stamps from Crafty Individuals and layered the scene up over some cheesecloth and some netting. Next came more stamping,with a selection of postcards and seaside images from Crafty Individuals stamped on coffee misted card and popped under the right hand side of the scene. I added the lovely bathing belle (also from Crafty Individuals) and coloured with Graph'It Markers to the left hand side of the scene.


To finish off I've added lots of little shells


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean: Vintage
Sentimental Sundays: a touch of vintage
Treasured Times: Anything goes
Wags'n'Whiskers: for the girls

Thanks for popping by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow stunning Claire, these stamps are among my favorites from CB and I love this wall hanging that you've made with them.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - Claire, I love this. So much texture and details and I love that image! TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning!! Amazing texture :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the vintage image of the girl. Thanks for playing at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...