My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 21 August 2014

Guest Designer at Indigo Blu

Good morning ooooooh I'm so excited to have the opportunity to be this months Guest Designer over at Indigo Blu Challenge! I love Indigo Blu stamps and this was a great opportunity to use some of the new stamps I received as winner of last months challenge along with the very first Indigo Blu stamps I bought. The theme for this month's challenge is 'Indian Summer', pop over to the challenge blog for all the details and of course lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT too!


I love those lovely warm Indian Summer days and I took inspiration from nature for my GDT project. I always think it must be so lovely for the wild animals when we get some late summer sunshine so they can enjoy the warmth and fill their tummies before winter arrives.

I used stamps from Nature 1 (my very first Indigo Blu stamps) and Nature 2 to create my Indian Summer scene, adding colour with PanPastels, Graph'It markers and Inktense pencils. I used a battery eraser to remove the PanPastel from the clouds and added some white spots to the toadstools with a white Graph'It Shake Pen. The sentiment is from another of my favourite Indigo Blu stamp sets called 'Enjoy Life', I stamped using Black Archival Ink and once the ink was dry I removed the background colour from the letters with my eraser. 

As a little reminder that Autumn is around the corner I finished off by added some die cut leaves coloured with distress inks and overstamped with a fabric texture stamp from Sarah's Choice. I coloured some seam binding ribbon to match and topped the bow with a button and some twine, the little daisies are berries are from my stash.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Kitty Bee: In the garden
Stamp and Create: anything goes
Our Creative Corner: in the summertime
Penny Black and More: anything goes
Stamping Sensations: Anything goes

I do hope you're going to join in the Indigo Blu challenge this month
Thanks for popping by and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning Claire, I love the squirrel and hedgehog and the autumnal embellishments look great too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya Claire - this is one stunning make - i love it to pieces - the animals are all amazing and the whole layout works so well - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome scene and so beautifully coloured. Congrats on your GDT spot. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and fab card
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine wundervolle Spätsommerszene. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den AF.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Claire as always.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Claire, I love toadstool stamps and along with the little animals makes a great card.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a feeling I didn't thank you for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge at my last visit Claire.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and a very sweet image. I love it.
    Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! So many wonderful details!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More. Hope you'll play along again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous! Love all the stamping and your wonderful coloring. You decorated your card so beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just stunning, the colours are so rich and gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us this month at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Claire, you did us proud, thank you for a great guest spot job at Indigoblu! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...