My lovely blogland friends

Monday 14 April 2014

Make it, take it

Good morning folks, I managed to grab a few hours me time at the weekend and had loads of messy fun creating this altered bottle which is my entry for the Craft Stamper Make it, Take it challenge where the theme is 'bottles'. I love to alter bottles and my son and his friends kindly make sure I've always got a good supply to alter lol. This one originally contained mango flavoured vodka but the lads made short work of that.


The pics are a little bit dark, the colours are more pastel in real life. I began by giving the bottle a coat of Maimeri gesso and once that was dry I sprayed with dylusions ink in green and turquoise and blended with a baby wipe. I usually make a real pigs ear of things with dylusions but the colours turned out really pretty this time so I'm a happy bunny. Once the ink was dry I added some texture with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste, adding some blobs with my fingers and popping some through a Crafters Workshop Harlequin template. After a bit more drying time I set to with my flitter glu and applied it to highlight the texture and the edges of the bottle. My goodness that stuff is sticky, and of course I forgot to wash my paws before I got the gilding flakes out. I used winter dawn, love this colour its so pretty.

The focal image is a stamp from Stampendous, I stamped it with memento tuxedo black and coloured with Graph'It markers. I stamped it again with flitter glu and gilded with Winter Dawn, cutting out the Eiffel tower and layering it up over the image. I also decoupaged the flowers too. I die cut the image with A spellbinders die and rubbed more flitter glu around the edge so I could gild that too. 


As I wanted to tie the image on the bottle with ribbon, I die cut a basketweave shape with a spellbinders die, gilded it and cut it in half, popping half behind each side of the image. The little holes in the die cut are perfect for threading the ribbon through. The ribbon was dyed with distress inks in tumbled glass and shabby shutters.


The flowers were made with Crinoline fabric from The Funky Junkie boutique, I coloured it with a mixture of Maimeri Iridescent Paste and pink  and blue dylusions inks, sprinkling a little glitter here and there for some sparkle. Once the fabric was dry I die cut it and layered up with white net to make flowers, the centres were made with some pearly beads from my stash.


To finish off I've made some glittered acetate butterflies.

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Allsorts: spring blossoms
Artistic Stamper: embossing/texture
Frilly and Funkie: Flights of Fancy

Well I'd better get ready for work, at least its a short week this week and then I've got 10 days off yipppeeeeeee!! Have a great day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

25 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning .... Love this stamp, I must dig mine out!! This is so creative & just amazing. Utterly beautiful creation, TFS. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous altered bottle Claire.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire this is totally mind blowing ,its amazing and so creative ,
    all the things its got going on ,and every time I look at it I find something different
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, you have made a great job of this one, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is stunning Claire, I love the colours and the Paris theme. Very Girly.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty bottle Claire - how wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Claire the colours are so fresh and pretty
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've altered this bottle. Amazing, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Design, thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge we would love you to join in with us again next week for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge Blog
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, great work.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Challenge.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic project Claire! I love all the little details!
    Thanks for using your Dies & punches at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning bottle,just love you colour palette and embellishing...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedds Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at the Make It Take It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous bottle Claire, thought this one would be up your street! Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous Claire! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Spring Blossoms challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty colours. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 24: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Claire this is amazing! Love that you've even distressed the surface too. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful altered bottle Hazel! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, stunning altered bottle! I love the colours you've used, and all the little details. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truly stunning work of art on your bottle Claire!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at the Craft Stampers Take it, Make it challenge.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously, I am in love with your gorgeous altered bottle, Claire! It is a beautiful work of art!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Claire, so pretty and the colours are fab! Thank you for playing along this month with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Superb! I love the colors you've used! So many details! Thank you for participating in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful and loved the colors. The idea of tying the focal image on the bottle is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...