My lovely blogland friends

Friday 18 April 2014

GDT at Scrapping for Fun

Good morning my lovelies, the sun is shining and I'm a very happy bunny today as on only is this the first of ten days off work but i'm also one of the Guest Designers over at Scrapping 4 Fun! How exciting, I was over the moon when the lovely Rachelle invited me to join them for their new challenge and as the theme is Use a stamp or a digi  was a great opportunity to have a play! The DT and guest designers have come up with some stunning projects so do pop over and have a look.


I've altered an MDF hear using Dutch Doobadoo Brick stencil, Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and a honeycomb stamp from Indigo Blu. Once all the texure was dry I painted with acrylic paint in a creamy yellow shade. The focal image is also by Indigo Blu and I coloured it with Graph'It markers and Inkense pencils.


I've used another Indigo Blu stamp for the sentiment which I've stamped in soft green ink, torn up and added to the background. Next came lots of paper flowers and die cut leaves and a butterfly charm that I painted with gesso and distressed with sandpaper before applying treasure gold. To finish off I've topped the heart with a seam binding bow and another little rose.
I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

All crafts: anything but a card
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes/use yellow
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
Fab'n'Funky: flowers
Loves rubber stamps: Easter or spring
Red Rubber Inspirationals: back to nature
Rhedd and Rosie's: Anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown: vintage/shabby chic

As its my first day off work I'm planning a nice lazy day pottering around in my craft room.
Thanks so much for visiting today, have a lovely day and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Claire this is so pretty, I love all the texture and extra bits. That stamp is lovely but then most of Indigo Blu things are.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, I love all the detail and the image!
    Thank you for participating as Guest Designer at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Hugs
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project Claire, love all the gorgeous elements, thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done!! I love what you did to the heart, and the stamping and colors are fabulous!! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
    Drea DT Host Inspirational #116

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful. Love the heart and all the attention to the details. It is time consuming but so worth it you have a winner here.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooooooh wow this is gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutly gorgeous! Love the colors,the sweet image and pretty details! Thanks for joining my shabby challenge over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, springlike and romantic. Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely, great colour and image.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful heart project! Love all those wonderful flowers and the image. Just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow an absolutely stunning project hun love it and thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft my Life All Crafts hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Thank you for joining Its all about the vintage and beauty challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This project is so great! You incorporated so much dimension and texture through the materials you used. From the modeling paste to the flowers, this project is bursting with gorgeous layers. I also love the image you included, which reminded me of my sweet mother picking flowers through all of my growing-up years. You did an amazing job of coloring it and the sentiment could not be more perfect! Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely piece of art and for supporting us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great project. Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card with with a rural spirit. I like it! and heart shape looks good too. Thank you to join us on Crafty Ribbons Challege and good luck from Christelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning project, it really looks just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is GORGEOUS, Claire. Love the texture, flowers and all the great details. Congrats on being a GD with us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, wow so wonderful is this creation
    Thanks for sharing with us it's all about the vintage..
    Gr. Meggi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...what an amazing creation! I love all the texture and details on it! Thank you for joining the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...