My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 15 March 2014

Scrap 365 meets Premium Craft Brand for blog hopping fun

Good morning my lovelies, its a very exciting day for me today as its not only the first day of my week of work (yippppeeeeeee) but us lucky girlies at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel DT are joining in with the talented team from Scrap365 Magazine Blog for a very colourful blog hop!


Premium Craft Brands have donated a fantastic set of Donna Downey Pan Pastels for the lucky winner of our Blog Hop prize draw :)

To take part in the blog hop you need to follow the trail of our blogs (below) to see all the amazing creations from everyone - we have some wonderful layouts and projects for you which will blow you away! Make sure you visit each blog and leave a comment so we know you've visited and you will go in the draw for that wonderful set of Donna Downey Pan Pastels which is worth £41.95!!! 
The random winner will be chosen from all the comments by Ali from Scrap365 and will be announced 20th March at 5pm on the Scrap365 blog and the Pan Pastel blog.


The challenge was to go crazy with colour and we began by picking out a colour palette from a fab site called Design Seeds, here's my pick and I began by matching up the colours with PanPastels


It was only when I actually began my project that I realised I'd picked a colour palette with red orange purple and lime green! Eeeeeeeeeeeek! Not only that but I'd never made a scrapbook layout before either, double eeeeeeeeeeeek! Anyway I can never resist a challenge so I got to work with my PanPastels and Maimeri mediums and had soooooooo much fun lol.

I printed the pics (of my gorgeous fur babies Benji and Barney) on printable canvas and cut them out with deckle edged scissors. I used Violet Tint and Paynes Grey PanPastel to create the background, stamping with a honeycomb stamp and white gesso. Next I added lots of texture with Maimeri Light Modelling paste using a Palette knife, stencil and more stamping (although it doesn't show up too well in the pic)


The flowers and leaves are all stamps from Chocolate Baroque, I coloured the cardstock with PanPastels and sealed with hairspray before stamping the images with white embossing powder and cutting them out. I curled the petals and shaped the leaves and then set to layering them all up. I added buttons and bakers twine from my stash and then came lots of pretty little laser cut butterflies from Dutch Doobadoo 


I stamped the words at the top left corner and then used some scraps of card to create the bunting with the word 'colour'. To finish off I used some Dutch Doobadoo card arrows painted with white gesso. Hope you like my very colourful layout lol!!

So, now you need to click on the link here and go to the Scrap365 blog and Ali's post HERE 
or if you've just come from there then your next stop on the blog hop is Natalie's Blog so hop on over and check out her gorgeous project!

Here is the list you need to follow just in case you get lost along the way:


Scrap365 and Ali's post - HERE! ..... http://scrap365.blogspot.com/
Nikky Hall -  http://nikkyhall.com/
Sandra Przbylska -  http://sandrap2206.blogspot.co.uk/
Natalie Macdonald -  http://njmacs.blogspot.co.uk/
RETURN to Scrap365 to leave a comment for the prize draw :) -  http://scrap365.blogspot.com/


I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenge: animals
Fab'n'Funky: animals (no people)
Scrapping  for fun: flowers
Use your Stuff: animals
Have fun hopping and all the very best of luck, someone is going to be in for a real treat with all those gorgeous PanPastels!! We'll be back with a new challenge at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel Challenge next Sunday!

Claire xx


33 comments:

  1. love your work, and he flowers and background and everything else <3
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 'eeek' about it you have done a fabulous job! Another super tip for using Pan Pastels on the flowers too :) Thank you so much for being a part of our Blog Hop x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful Claire, love your flowers!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore your page Claire, it's so rich and vibrant! love it love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page Claire. Love the rich colours, the flowers really pop! Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning work claire. the cb stamps look amazing and the colours are so vibrant. fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!!! The flowers are to die for. Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, this is really lovely such lovely flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the inspiration. You are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! THis is gorgeous! Love the colors and how you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there amazing teamie, I SURE LOVEEEEE your colour palette, love the flowers and that you have put your doggies inthere. Fabulously made by YOU xxxx Terry

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Claire - this is fabulous. Love love those flowers and vibrant colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. For me - flower crazy on my layouts - this is a dream. At first glance, a scary palette but you made it work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a brave choice of colour but it worked well with your photos, great job with those gorgeous Pan Pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW what zesty colours really happy and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flowers are utterly DELISH! what gorgeous vibrant colours! so much to love about your project!! thank you so much for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow well done Claire, such a brave colour palette!! Love the way you've printed your picture onto canvas, it gives lovely texture. Beautiful flowers and bunting too xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire, I love your lay-out, it's gorgeous and so are the colours. CB's Sunny Sunflower set is on my wishlist, every time I see a design with them, I want them :) I hope you are having a great weekend, Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving those layers and beautiful flowers! Colors are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely way to celebrate your fur babies. Thanks for sharing it with us at Fab 'n' Funky for our 'Animals' challenge this week and good luck. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You would never know that you had not created a layout before Claire - this is beautiful! I love the texture and those flowers are stunning. Thank you for doing this, for the inspiration and the hop! Karen P x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic piece of work, so vibrant and rich. The flowers from CB suit this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job with the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely LO. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning creation, thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. amazing flowers i love the technique great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow wow wow! That's so amazing! I love the flowers.
    Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  28. FABULOUS!!! Love the texture and flowers in this LO. Thanks for playing in the flower challenge at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...