My lovely blogland friends

Monday 31 March 2014

A garden is a friend you can visit anytime ...

Good morning my lovelies, eeeek where did the weekend go?  I guess I blinked and missed it again as I'm about to get ready for work.  Before I go though, I just wanted to let you know that the lovely Nikky Hall is on C&C this morning at 9am with lots of fabulous tips and techniques not to mention a mega bargain or two!


This card is one of the samples I've made for the show. the image and papers are from the fabulous new Polkadoodles CD 'Work and Play collection 1 which you can find here. The image was coloured with my Graph'Its and die cut before a little distressing around the edges with antique linen distress ink.


The papers have been layered up over kraft card, I used my favourite MS punch along one of the edges. I've also added a die cut shape that I embossed in my trusty old cuttlebug. I dyed some seam binding ribbon with my distress inks and created a shabby bow and topped it off with a button and some twine. To finish off I've added a little metal snail that came with a plant I was given a while ago (I knew it would come in for something lol)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Come and get it: in the garden
Inklings and Yarns: anything goes
Paper Shelter: spring

Thanks for popping by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx


11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, love the image and the matching DPs - some great embellies too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Claire. I have more than a few gardening friends who would love this - especially the lovely sentiment.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Claire, I love the sentiment that you've used on this.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire this is so cute, love the layout and the embellies.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and I adore the sentiment. TFS Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Claire. There's not one thing I don't like about. It is so nice. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous card \claire - perfect for a gardener - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, Oh this is cute! I love the scrunched up and dyed seam binding bow (truly gorgeous) and that darling little snail in the corner. All around a great card, gotta love those little cheeks.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši (Challenges and candies).
    Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like him. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How darn cute, fun, and pretty too! Love the shovel, your snail, and the whole design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...