My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 14 August 2013

More Splodging :-)

Good morning blogland buddies, Wednesday at last so not long till the weekend. I'm always wishing my life away lol. Anyway I couldn't resist having another play with the Abstraktz masks from SplodgeAway, they are fab for so many different techniques. 

I covered a little canvas with tissue wrap and then applied Maimeri Glassy gel through the mask and sprinkled here and there with some microbeads. Glassy gel gives the best resist ever, its wonderful stuff! Anyway once it was dry I added loads and loads of black gold glimmer mist and wiped if off the glassy gel leaving the clear areas to show the pattern on the tissue paper. It looks gorgeous in real life, but very hard to get a decent pic, here's another but its not great I'm afraid


The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque, stamped on acetate and embossed with gold EP, I've used glossy accents to stick it to the canvas. The butterfly is also from Chocolate Baroque (Tangled Garden) and i've added some wire for his antennae, some little gems to his wings and painted some gold acrylic paint around the edge of the canvas

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks: black and white
Creative Creations: Monochromatic
Dream Valley: Monochrome
Make My Monday: 3d elements
Our Creative Corner: words, words, words
Sweet Stamps: Bling

Thanks for visting today
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Good morning Claire.
    I like to have a dabble with the occasional canvas but usually just with ink. May I ask what you use to stick the tissue paper to the canvas as it looks like an interesting effect.
    Thanks Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Claire. Love your background and the butterfly is gorgeous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Wow! I love this. Not the sort of thing I usually do but I could certainly be tempted to have a go.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project and the butterfly looks stunning.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab project thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Claire beautifully put together! I love the gold against the grey background it is lovely.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning creation, Claire - perfect for our challenge at Make My Monday. Thanx for sharing with us, hun.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. II love the combination you have used. Please could you reply with a note about which chocolate baroque set the sentiment comes from....as I could not find it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card I love the colors very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com be sure to join in on the masking challenge going on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulously glamorous card - the background looks amazing, and the butterfly is a stunner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a lot of truth in the saying you chose! LOVE the background texture! A stunning make!
    Thank you for joining us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. An absolutely stunning creation Claire. The colour and texture look amazing.
    Thanks for joining in at MMM this week.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO lovely!! I can't imagine it prettier in person than it is on your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great job! The card is so... eminent! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley!
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great use of masking and a fantastic sentiment - so true! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your canvas, I think the butterfly is awesome. So beautiful, as is the background.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous piece! Love, love your tips. I'm a new follower. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...