My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 2 May 2013

Flower challenge at indigo Blu

Good morning all, some slightly dodgy pics of today's project, its really shimmery and I do struggle to get a decent pic of anything with a bit of shimmer, hence the dodgy angles on some of the pics lol. I've made a hanging heart for my entry in to this months challenge at Indigo Blu where the theme is 'Flowers'


I began by painting the A5 mdf heart with black gesso and then stamped Blazing Poppies (just love this stamp, sooooo detailed and pretty) with versamark and embossed with Gold EP. I also stamped the image on Neenah card a couple of times too and coloured the flowers in with promarkers.

Next came the Kroma crackle, coloured with turquoise PanPastel and a little spray of turquoise dylusions too. I absolutely adore Kroma crackle, such a fab-u-lous effect! Once it was dry I added a little Viva Precious Metal Paint and then higlighted the crackle with some gold ink (I'd blobbed a load on my craft mat while I was edging the heart with my krylon pen so waste not want not lol)



I've layered the flowers up, with a dewdrop and some black glitter in the centre of the poppies and a tiny dot of enamel accents in the centre of the forget-me-nots. 


To finish off i've added some turquoise ribbon and then a happy accident - I was sorting out a ginormous pile of bits and bobs on my worktable and had stuff everywhere, once it was almost put away I spotted that a tassel and a little chinese coin charm had ended up on this heart - serendipity as they say!

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me: Floral Frenzy
Get Inky: Floral fun
Make my Monday: anything but a card
Word Art Wednesday: anything goes

Well I'm away to work again now (how boring)
have a lovely day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. Another stunning work of art Claire. I love the design and colours. Such a gorgeous image and a beautiful sentiment
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just stunning!!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a stunning make! That turquoise and gold look wonderful together and the poppies really make it pop! Love the effect of the Kroma crackle too, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous Claire. So much detail all beautifully co-ordinated.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hanging, super colours and details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely glorious in every detail!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented Claire - this is absolutely beautiful. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Clare and Yes I love the Kroma crackle too....it is so addictive, I just love to use it. Thank you for joining us at the IndigoBlu Forever 21 Challenge Blog.....good luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning piece of art - gorgeous colours too - thanks for playing along this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Claire. It would make a gorgeous wall hanging or gift for someone special. Thank you so much for sharing with us in this week's challenge. It's so nice to have you play along with us, and I hope you will continue to share with us each week so we can see more of your awesome art. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is stunning, just love the colour and the cracke effect, thank you for joining us this week at make my Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, your beautifully colored layered flowers make wonderful accents to your fabulous sentiment on this very pretty heart plaque. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Floral Frenzy!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning, Claire! LOVE the fabulous colors and the wonderful flowers! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    PS: I've got a DT call going for a new challenge called House of Cards and I'd love it if you'd consider entering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great ornament. Love the colors you used and the flowers are so cute. Great work! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful piece of work Claire. I love the MDF hearts and you've done a fabulous job with this one. Great attention to detail, and the black and turquoise colour combo is stunning. Thanks for joining in with the Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge. Good luck. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your heart, it is so detailed and lovely colours,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! So many techniques on one piece. Awesome job. Thank you for entering the Get Inky! challenge.
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow so stunning claire.fabulous colours and flowers and i love the crackled paint.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at the Crafts and Me challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  20. Still catching up Claire! A real stunner here. Love all the blue and the flowers look gorgeous on the crackled background. Lovely to see you over at MMM for our anything but a card challenge.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...