My lovely blogland friends

Monday 15 October 2012

I'm late, I'm late

Hi folks, well I'm very late with my DT card for Crafty Ann's challenge (which started on Friday), I got sooooo behind last week with this horrible cold and chaos at work (just for a change lol) and to put the tin hat on it, I had to give a presentation at a conference on Friday, how scary is that!! Anyway I muddled through and rewarded myself with a nice lazy weekend. Goodness me I'm blethering on this morning, back to my card, our theme is Black and white plus one or Black and white plus a coloured topper. 

I've gone for a black, white and red colour palette, I've used one of Crafty Ann's beautiful mottled stone backing papers and the beautiful 'Music Collage' image (you can find them here)
I've coloured the image with distress markers and layered it up over a doiley with some ribbon, black lace and a paper rose. I've added a  few little faux pearls in the corners to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters: anything goes
Card Crafters Circle: black, white plus one

Right, I'm off to work, don't you just love Monday mornings??
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Better late than never they say - this is gorgeous. Hope you soon feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself & hope you feel better - there are some very very nasty colds which are actually more like flu! This is a stunner - very striking indeed - the decadence of the black lace & white doily contrasting with each either is a real design gem.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Claire - and better late than never. Glad the presentation went OK and hope the cold is on the way out too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that my new computer works and I'm able to visit all my friends in blogland again. You've been very busy and creative during the last time. Much to see :)
    Great card, love the use of all the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your elegant card....a lot of lovely details to catch the eye....and lovely, striking colour combo. Thanks for joining our Card Crafter's Circle challenge...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love all your layers,embellishments and the card colour combination, wonderful card!!!
    Hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, a very traditional looking card..it looks so professional! Thank you for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! The details are fabulous:)
    I also wanted to say congrats to you on your win at DTC!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...