My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 24 January 2012

New stamps from Chocolate Baroque

Hi there, today's card share features some of the gorgeous new stamps from Chocolate Baroque. 3 new sets of stamps have just been realeased and they are all fab-u-lous (you can see the stamp sheets here on the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog) 



I've used a backing paper from the Butterfly Bliss CD, and added a little victorian velvet distress ink to pink it up a little. I've used silk coated cardstock to create the scene using the focal image from Rose Tree 3 times in the foreground of the card. I used eclipse masking tape to stamp the central tree before stamping another tree on either side. I masked the sun and added the sky and hills in the background with my brayer and Memento inks (Summer sky, Danube blue, New Sprout and Bamboo leaves). Once the inks were dry I coloured the flowers and leaves on the trees with promarkers and gave it a gentle polish.

The castle in the background is actually a halloween stamp, from Howling Moon stamp sheet.  I inked it up carefully with memento tuxedo black inkto miss out the spooky moon. I added foliage from Wisteria Lane along the top and bottom of the little scene and used a make up sponge to intensify the colour around the trees. As a finishing touch I used the butterfly from Rose Tree, stamped on acetate and glittered on the reverse and popped up with silicone glue to let the glitter sparkle.

Its so rainy and miserable here in the UK at the minute, I hope this card brings a reminder that spring isn't too far away now. 
Claire xx




7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is an absolutely stunning creation. Its just something out of this world. You are seriously talented.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and gorgeous stamps. I'm on a new year resolution not to buy any new stash, but these are sooo tempting as are about another 4 Chocolate Baroque sets lol
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspected a bit of magic (wink, wink) had crept into this. This reminds me of the fairy tale with the roses where the princess gets woken after the prince has fought his way through the roses to the top of the tower....... it was so long ago my memory is a trifle hazy as to the exact fairy tale. Love your glittery butterfly flying midst the Wisteria tendrils.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, that's a fabulous creation, love the spring feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card and it really does remind you that it will soon be Spring

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really gorgeous creation Claire and those stunning trees look like the cherry tree in my garden which I always love to see in bloom.
    Fabulous new stamps!
    Congratulations on your new DT position too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card ! I love what your style will join along on your blog so I don't miss anything ! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...