My lovely blogland friends

Monday 20 June 2011

All at sea

Ahoy me hearties :-) Today's card is  a summery sea scene using some new stamps I got recently from Chocolate Baroque. I'd wanted these stamps for ages and couldn't resist when I found they were on special offer. I really wanted to try creating a reflection with promarkers and I'm quite pleased with the result.


I stamped the main image (from the Seashell cottage themeplate) on to coated cardstock,  masked the image and a sun to brayer the sky and then brayered the sea using Waterfall Big& Juicy inkpad. I coloured the image with promarkers and used the same shades and a blender pen to add the reflection in the sea. I used an inksentials white pen to create the waves around the posts. I used sea green and cool grey 1 promarkers to add a reflection of the water to the seagulls' bellies. To finish off I stamped the sentiment in black versafine and embossed the anchor (also from Seashell Cottage) with gold ep. The finished scene is edged with a gold krylon pen and matted on some navy card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean Challenge: anything goes (plus optional sea image)
Make it colourful: Colour cast/reflection
Paperplay: at the beach
Sparkles Forum: At the beach

Thanks for visiting today. 
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. fabulous!!! I Love the whole scene you have created! HUgs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and brilliant reflection - well done.
    Enjoy your week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Claire, I bought some of these when it was still Elusive Images and I have still not managed to use them lol, but maybe sooner than later now I have seen yours
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, an i love the image..

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Hun this is just gorgeous! Just love the reflection its perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at SFC, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING JOB! I love the reflections of the posts on the water. Very beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, this is fabulous, love the reflection..awesome.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great card, I almost hear the gulls and the sea ~LOL~.
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card, Love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight.

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popped in to have a little nose what you have been up to Claire and a lovely one here for starters.

    Also wanted to say thanks so much for your visits, I so appreciate them even if I can't gad about blogland as much I would like.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous - love the techniques you used to create the water background.
    Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colouring and your water reflections look amazing, great job! Thanks for playing with us at Make It Colourful. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovley car d and the image is grreat dont see many with birds on like that thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...