My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 13 July 2010

A taste of the East

I've been having a play with the old brayer again, I always tend to use the same colours so this time I've used red and black for a change


I've used some really glossy card for this so I've had to get the pic from a funny angle. I think I prefer the usual card I use but you don't know until you try. I've used 'Mars' Stardream card for the base card and added a couple of gold eyelets and some black velvet ribbon to break it up.

The brayered scene uses the red/orange end of Mountain Meadow B&J inkpad and tuxedo black for the brayering. The oriental lady is a stamp from Clarity Stamps, the grasses are from Elusive Images Eastern Grasses. The castle and cliffs aren't really a silhouette stamp (its from one of the new Elusive images stamps - Underwater Kingdom) and is actually a beautifully detailed stamp. I thought the shape would be perfect for this card so I stamped it in tuxedo black memento ink and coloured with a black promarker. It looked a bit too black so I added some highlights with a white gel pen.
The flowers are an old but well used freebie that came with Craft Stamper, stamped on the same card, embossed with gold EP and some black glitter in the centres.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Oh Alice: A sketch challenge with a twist - to break the rules and not use the sketch exactly, I've rotated the sketch for this card
Daring Cardmakers: Silhouettes
Tanda Teaser: Oriental
Crazy 4 Challenges: Red, Black and White

Thanks for looking, bette get my skates on and get ready for work!!
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. This is lovley Claire, I just can't get on with my brayer but will keep on trying.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is absolutely gorgeous. Came over from DCM as I saw your name above mine and couldn't believe how gorgeous your oriental look is . Just wow.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Claire, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Claire,I love the way you have the oriental lady silhouetted in front of the moon.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great brayering Claire! I still haven't got the knack of it yet. Those craft stamper flowers are perfect for your card too!

    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire

    This is just stunning, you have captured the feeling of the East perfectly!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fantastic Claire. Had to come and see this after reading today's thread. Well worth the visit. Fabulous brayer work.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, what a beautiful oriental card and the silouette "Geisha" is gorgeous too :) Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Claire this is absolutely beautiful i love your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! This is gorgeous Claire.

    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Claire what a beautiful card and so well balanced. the brayering is just fantastic and the colours so appropriate. I LOVE it
    Huge hugs
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card every aspect is bang on. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Claire the elements all fit together so well and it is beautifully executed.

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great oriental card, Claire. You are right, the building stamps goes so well with the oriental theme!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous Claire the whole card is fantastic but your brayering is brilliant!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's absolutely stunning - thanks for joining in with Dring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful card1 Love how you rotated the sketch!
    Thanks for playing along at Oh, Alice!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The scene you created is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is stunning! Beautiful images and colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...