My lovely blogland friends

Friday 30 April 2010

Peacock queen

I've made this card for the 2nd challenge from Wendy and the team at CD Sunday Challenge blog which is 'Artistic Oriental'


I've used bp from Artylicious 'Peacock Summer Party cd' which is printed on vellum and matted on some gold textured card for the background. The image is from one of the Elusive images peacock themeplates, stamped on acetate with stazon and glittered on the reverse. I've coloured her skin with a permapaque marker. The image is matted on some more gold card with eyelets. The sentiment is a tag from the same cd also printed on to vellum with the sentiment stamped and embossed in gold and gold edges. The flowers are made using more stamps from Elusive images which were stamped and embossed in gold on to paper from the same Cd. I curled the petals and added a blob of silicone to the smaller one which I covered with microbeads and glitter. I'd run out of bottlecaps for the centre of the large flower, or I thought I had but a quick visit to my sons bedroom provided me with lots of bottlecaps lol. I flattened one in my cuttlebug, and filled the centre with more microbeads and glitter.
Also for the following challenges:
Sketch and Stash: A fab sketch again this week,  I've turned the image round to make a diamond shape and used a tag and flower instead of ribbon
Thanks for looking
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Just stunning Claire! Fabulous stamps. Love your colour combo here. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is stunning, I love the main image but those flowers are really quite the thing to set it all off perfectly. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Claire, I just love this stamp and love what you have done with it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing work of art Claire. There's so much work gone into it and it's fabulous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire, how gorgeous!! Love the colours!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Claire, Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW, Gorgeous work of art Claire, love the bp's and your colour choice is stunning.
    Thanks for joining us on CD Sunday thia week
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Claire, I just love peacock colours as they are so striking.

    What a little cracker she is!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love what you've done with the oriental theme here Claire, and the way you've used this fortnight's S&S sketch, just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash and CD Sunday again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea and well executed! Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is just stunning work I love this lots.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is just beautiful Claire.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the colours and that it has glitter on it makes it especially good!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my, that's gorgeous! I actually made an appreciative "ooh!" sound when I opened your page! So glad you played along with us at Gingersnap Creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very elegant!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS! What a creation! I hope you don't mind if I do a CASE on this to make a card for a friend. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the effect of the glitter on the reverse of the acetate, and that bottle cap is the perfect "found object" touch! Thanks for playing in the Gingersnap Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card and I love the found bottle cap! Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...